Tuesday, April 1, 2014

#1: People want to hear only the things they want to hear.

Some incidents, that require no "safai" (clarifications) or thinking and can be cut short..
Clearly people need no big answers. They all have their own headaches and manipulations and choices. The conversations are just for the heck of it.

Here is an example from my life:

**********  PRACTICAL SITUATION  ******************

Boss: What time R U coming to office ?
Me:    9:50
Boss: You did not reply immediately after I pinged you.
Me:    I had been for a break, for breakfast. I left at 10:30 came back at 10:50 Yeah! But I came early          today... before everyone came!! I even saw you entering... 
Boss: But it is 11 now. Have you started with your work?
Me:   Yes already, i came early as I told you before, have already completed... blah.. blahh... blahh...
Boss: No reply
Me:   blah blah... yeah this also... blah blah.... i have updated... blah blah....
Boss: No reply
Me:   blah blah... yeah that also... blah blah.... i have updated... blah blah.... You thought I came late?
Boss: pls monitor your timings
Me: !@#$%%^&*(*%$@!@#$%&*

Hey come on, managers are least bothered about your breaks, breakfasts and updates.
What I can do is

**********  IDEAL SITUATION  ******************

Boss: What time R U coming to office ?
Me:    Usual
Boss: You did not reply immediately after I pinged you.
Me:    No
Boss:  pls monitor your timings
Me:    OK :)

There's no need of all the blah blahs... Whatever blah blah you do, the impression they have on you never changes!

MORAL: Cut short your conversations, especially when you know what impression your boss has on you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment